Monday, 11 April 2011

In which I make a confession.

The set: A dusty hall, lit by rays of sunlight falling through high windows. A circle of flamboyantly dressed people sit surrounding a dowdy leader in the centre of the group.

Leader of group: "Welcome, Alice, to this week's meeting. Would you like to introduce yourself?"

Alice: (Stands up, gulps nervously) Erm, okay. Okay. So...my name's Alice. And I'm...I'm addicted to (with a visible effort)...playsuits. Yes, playsuits! I just can't stop buying them! Every time i catch a glimpse of those distinctive shorts and irresistible silhouette, my heart just goes wild! I can't control it! Floral, spotted, striped, anything to feed the addiction! (She sits down heavily, drained. Dutiful applause from members of the circle).

Leader of group: Excellent, excellent. Thank you for sharing that difficult piece of information with us, Alice. Next...Lisa, how are you finding your struggle with sunglasses?

Scene fades out.

You've caught me. I'm trapped like a fly on a flyswat. The outcome of the aforementioned Vintage Fair? Not one, not two, not even three but yes, readers, FOUR playsuits. If even i think this is a little excessive, i dread to think what normal, non-playsuit obsessed individuals would make of this.

They are all gorgeous though, of course. 



This one came with a matching sun cover up shirt. Think i might wear this separately though.



Oh, and i bought a long skirt. With such a fetching pattern i thought it deserved a close up:


Mmm. I could just eat them all up. The other one i bought (don't pretend you weren't counting them with growing incredulity) had already gone in the wash when i took the photos, but the skirt/shorts and top are separate with red and white pinstripes.

On my busy, busy Sunday, i also took in the light afternoon entertainment of Frankenstein in the National Theatre. Bloody hell it was good. And not only because it involved a fully naked Benedict Cumberbatch, though that was a definite advantage. I studied it at uni last term and although it missed some elements of the novel e.g. the story-within-a-story aspect, as a piece of theatre it was truly excellent. I'd recommend you go and see it but i'm pretty sure it's sold out...

I'll leave you with this as a parting gift.


Almost as good as the playsuits, don't you agree?

No comments: