As I haven't really being paying rapt attention to the blogs at the moment, I was pleasantly suprised to see the Sonia Rykiel collection pour le lovely H&M in there. I knew it was going to come out soon, but was not sure of the exact date. So. Immediatly fell upon it like a hungry wolf and decided on the pink and black striped bow jumper. So far, so good.
Then, THEN. Went to look at the shoes. They were on a low shelf. I was wearing a supremely impractical dress which I can't actually sit down in very well so was quick about it. Looked at the platforms. Thought "they're okay"; tried on the pink and black pair.
THEN I thought - nah, not sure I'd wear them.
STOP RIGHT THERE. Since when did shoes have to have a practical purpose, huh, brain? What were you thinking??!
This has only hit me now, a full two days after shopping. Am I insane?? Why did I not want these platforms? I have even been looking for a new pair of black heels. They would look delish with the jumper. Ebay, or course, was not forthcoming. Therefore I have come to the conclusion the shoes have gone. RIP platforms. I loved you after death, like Van Gogh.

I did however pick up another jacket. Seem to be starting a collection of blazers, etc... This does make up somewhat for the shoes, but then I remind myself I could have worn them together.

Will now proceed to torture myself even more by staring at
Nicholas Kirkwood SS10 and drooling.
No comments:
Post a Comment