Saturday, 14 November 2009

Sparkly like sequins


Yes, this is the queue for jimmy choo. I think I may have been just slightly overoptimistic about the whole thing.

But hey, I had a good time regardless. Three and a half hours in a snaky line of choo-obsessed souls is good chatting time, and once they had opened the doors to the public (we weren't in time to get a 'bracelet'. Which, fyi, were actually ordinary wristbands. I knew it) I fought my way to the shelves and tried on the rather sexy snakeskin effect brogues, only to find they didn't fit my weird bony heels and ankles. C'est la vie.

Found some black sequinned shorts in Topshop to console myself. I've been looking for some for a while, after getting this top from Lazy Oaf when it was on sale and seeing the picture.


I love these red shorts, but couldn't find any sadly. Mine are black, but the shape of them make up for it. Baggy and almost pleated, they remind me of the culottes you wore at Brownies. Plus as they are a little large, I can wear them high waisted with opaque tights.

I also picked up a blazer. Blazers and sequins are right up there at the moment, believe me. This feels terribly shallow as they are big this season, but I have always loved sparkly things like sequins. As for blazers - well, I'm not a big fan of coats, and blazers are warm enough that you can go without one. This one was black and white stripes, jailbird style, with these cutesy little heart shaped buttons. The buttons almost made up for the shoes. Almost. Ebay, here I come...

No comments: