Sunday, 5 September 2010

When I grow up I want to be a princess

I attempted to see the Grace Kelly exhibition at the V&A yesterday. I failed because we didn't book tickets, but the permanent fashion exhibition was interesting anyway. I took manyyyy pictures with the bad iphone camera so i'll spare people the trouble of squinting through the gloom - what's up with the lighting in there anyway?! - and just post the best ones.


Festa & Co bodice and skirt from 1895-1900. The waist here was so tiny! The colours reminded me of an ice cream sunday.


Tracy Emin for Longchamps suitcase from 2004. I just liked the quote. Definitely too small for my wardrobe though - this size is more like a handbag!


Gorgeous Mcqueen dress! From S/S'10. It had its own glass case and i stood with my nose literally pressed against the glass staring at it from every angle. I want to eat it.


This is unrelated but i couldn't resist the expression on his face. It's a Japanese armour mask. They went into battle with fake beards attached to their masks!

Finally this is what i wore!

Dress - Kate Moss for Topshop. Tutu - Beyond Retro. Jacket - vintage. Tights - Primark. Shoes - Office. Hair bow that because of recent hair dying events looks nothing like my hair - H&M.

Kind of princess inspired. The tutu provided puff. It took up nearly two whole seats on the train.

I took this one because i took some inspiration from Japanese street style and wanted a photo in front of this vaguely appropriate painting. I look cross-eyed but i'm not, honestly.

Highlight of the day was after lunch when i was walking through the courtyard with the paddling water feature thing. This little girl was running past me, did a literal double take, stopped and looked me up and down, looking amazed. She ran to her mum and pointed at me. I waved. This is the effect i hope to inspire. I hope she thought i was dressed up as a princess, because i wouldn't deny it...

No comments: