I just stole a chocolate from a box in front of me that doesn't belong to me. I'm not sorry about it either. It was good. Even though i've already had pasta overload today.
Anyway. I've been reading White Lightning, Nice and Shiny, Self-Constructed Freak and Gem Fatale A LOT recently. I don't know whether this is because my own personal style is more like these people, or maybe because they don't use quite so many designers so i can relate to them more, but i suspect it's because they write in a more personable style than say Tavi. Style Rookie is of course a wonderful, well written blog, but it always makes me feel slightly inadequate as i have to stop about fifty times each post to look up something she referenced. Sometimes this is a good thing as it's what i'm in the mood for, but i really do have to be in the mood for her excellently written posts. I can click on over to the blogs previously mentioned any old time, and i think this is because they are slightly more...colloquial? Maybe..less consciously fashion based, like not always referencing designers?
So after i came to this convoluted, badly thought through conclusion, i decided this what was what i want my blog to be like. I haven't blogged enough before for this to become an issue, but i'm determined that what i write should portray me, my style and thoughts and i don't really mind if anyone wants to read what little ol' me has to say, i kinda just want to get it down so i know what i've been thinking about. I will personable and colloquial, and leave the well researched and intelligent fashions conversation for those more knowledgeable than me. Expect a lot about things i want to buy but can't afford, nail colour procrastinations and fickle, designer led trends because i buy into the mass-marketed trends like the unoriginal person i am.
If anyone has bothered to read to the end of that badly written (for laziness quota, please see previous post) convoluted post, i thank you from the bottom of my heart and am amazed.
Here are my promises to myself that i WILL keep and follow to the letter - promise...
1) I will blog at least three times a week.
2) I will outfit post, despite my wonderful ability to look stupid in every pose i try. This may involve me hiding my hand with my face in attempt to look better. Right now my camera is broken sob sob i loved that camera like a child, but i will beg/borrow/steal until i acquire another one.
3) I will not be pretentious and try to sound knowledgeable about collections that i really know nothing about.
4) I will try not to worry about how some days i don't bother to dress up much because i am tired am lazy, but will try to highlight the GOOD days.
5) I will not use 'lol'. Though not against it, i feel it truly has no place right here. Sorry, lol, i will continue to use you with friends who don't judge. Don't give up on me quite yet.
6) I will try to be at least vaguely original, sometimes, maybe.
Internet, i trust you to keep me to these!
Let's go...
No comments:
Post a Comment